Is there another way of enrolling yourself in the field of CA?
Yes, there is. This method is called Direct Entry Scheme method which enables a candidate to enter in the field of Chartered Accountant. This method also relieves them from giving the CA foundation exam.
Sounds interesting, right? It is so because students can directly register themselves for CA intermediate/IPCC. ICAI implemented this policy on 1st August 2012.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR DIRECT ENTRY SCHEME
- Graduates in commerce stream who secured 55% marks can apply for this.
- Graduates from other streams with 60% marks can apply.
- Students who passes CA intermediate level of ICWA/ICSI can also apply for this.
REGISTRATION CRITERIA FOR CA DIRECT ENTRY
In traditional CA foundation route method, students first have to clear a group of CA intermediate exam then they have to begin with their article ship training.
But students who are going for direct entry route method have to start their article ship training before the CA intermediate exam.
- For Graduates & Post Graduates
- For students who are in their final year of graduation can register 6 months before the completion of their graduation. They will also have to provide a provisional proof or some kind of proof that they will start their article ship training after submitting their graduation mark sheet (with at least 60% marks secured.
- Apply for the ICITSS training of 1 month.
- Apply for 3 years of article ship training. After completing 9 months of their article ship training they have to apply for CA intermediate exam.
- Clear both or single group of CA inter exam after 9 months.
- Register for CA final after completion of both groups of CA intermediate.
- Complete AICITSS course during article ship training before appearing for CA final.
- Appear in CA final after completing their article ship training.
- Clear CA final exams and become a member of ICAI.
2. Students Who Cleared ICSI/ICWA Intermediate Level Exam
- Students who cleared ICSI/ICWA intermediate level exam can register for CA intermediate exam.
- The registration process will be same as that of CA foundation students.
- After registration, these students have to prepare for CA inter exam before commencing of their article ship training.
- After clearing one or both groups, students can register themselves for CA article ship training along with ICITSS training.
- Clear 1 month of ICITSS training before article ship training.
- Complete both article ship training and AICITSS.
- Register for CA final exam.
- Clear both groups of CA final and become a member of ICAI.
Registration Charges for CA Intermediate for Direct Entry Route:
Candidates applying for CA Course through Direct Entry Scheme have to register themselves for both groups of Intermediate exam.
Students who want to register for CA can check this given link.
One important thing that needs to be addressed is that CA direct entry scheme does not mean that it is easier that CA foundation route. Both are different but at the same time both require patience and hard work.